A Glance Back & A Look Forward
Happy New Year everyone!
It is hard to believe that we have reached the conclusion of one year and kicked off another. Last year was one that proved to be extremely exciting for Little Wifey, and this year promises that much more in our quest to promote healthy marriages and relationships.
As we gear up for 2011, I wanted to first take a glance back at the events of 2010 to appreciate how far we have come. It seems like yesterday this was all just a dream, but now, as we reflect on all we have accomplished, we are realizing that our mission is becoming a reality. Here are some of the exciting developments of 2010:
- Created an interactive website that provides articles, inspirational stories, resources, book recommendations, information, and much more all aimed at providing a free opportunity for individuals and couples to find ways to prepare for, improve upon, and recover a strong, healthy, and thriving marriage;
- Established a readership from all 50 States and 76 countries;
- Developed a Facebook page with nearly 1,600 fans;
- Created and send out monthly newsletters to a devoted readership;
- Began lining up speaking engagements;
- Appointed a board of directors, established bylaws, and launched our non-profit, Foundation Restoration;
- Received our official 501(c)(3) federal non-profit status, allowing us to offer our donors the benefit of tax deductions;
- Hired an intern;
- Provided personal interaction with individuals seeking help and advice;
- Initiated community involvement and outreach;
- Launched the interactive “Talking Tuesdays” providing an opportunity for readers to share their thoughts, stories, and feelings as well as interact with others;
- Introduced “Hubs Corner,” which provides a husband’s perspective on current issues, personal struggles and dealings, relationships, and married life;
- Began establishing a solid donor base to provide the resources to develop, grow, and provide more comprehensive opportunities for individuals and couples everywhere
These are just some of the monumental and thrilling accomplishments we were blessed with this past year. It is amazing to reflect upon these things and know that God has been gracious to us in regards to the calling He placed on our lives. As we reflect on these happenings, we find ourselves energized and propelled into this New Year.
While much has been achieved, there are still many undertakings and goals we have our sights set on moving forward. Our hopes are high as we eagerly plan out what we hope to establish in 2011. Here is a list of things we are looking forward to launching and developing:
- Create and launch a new jam-packed website for Foundation Restoration that will incorporate Little Wifey and boast more features, resources, and interactivity;
- Line up seminars and speaking engagements across the country;
- Create a video Q&A where I will answer questions that you the reader have as well as highlight various current issues and food for thought;
- Feature more guest writers to provide a comprehensive and diverse array of topics;
- Further establish a solid donor base to provide Foundation Restoration with the means to develop more opportunities and resources to our readers;
- Set up an office where we can provide hands-on services like therapy, seminars, and workshops;
- Develop partnerships with other organizations where we can jointly provide more opportunities to people everywhere;
- And much more!
Again, our hopes are high for 2011! My passion is to help people prepare for, develop, save, and maintain a healthy marriage. For over 2 and ½ years, I have fervently worked at making a difference in this area with the help of my husband and others who believe in our mission and calling. My prayer is that this New Year will be one where we are launched into a whole new level of being able to Help Relationships Thrive!
Founder & C.E.O., Foundation Restoration
If you are interested in helping our ministry and being a part of thriving, please contact me at Ashley@foundationrestoration.org. There are needs in the following specific areas:
- Web Design & Management
- Office Location
- Supervisor for MFT intern
- Hosts for Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- Guest Writers
We are of course always open to your suggestions and feedback too, so please feel free to contact me any time.